SwoonworthyHEA is hosting a Facebook author takeover event on February 10 to celebrate Valentine’s Day. It’s looking for romance authors who’d like to participate.
What is SwoonworthHEA?
SwoonworthyHEA is a new online community for people who love to read romance. It offers a place for romance readers to share their favorite books and authors, connect with other readers through groups, listen to the Illicit Liaison podcast, join monthly contests, and even start their own fan or book blog…all for free!
What is a Facebook Author Takeover Event?
A Facebook Author Takeover Event is an online party of sorts where authors takeover the event page at a designated time to post fun and engaging content to entertain and inform attendees. During their time, the author will share information about their books, but also, ask questions, share fun items, and even host a giveaway that can include free books or giftcards.
What Does SwoonworthyHEA Provide?
- Set up the event from its FB page.
- Create promo graphic for participants to use to share their participation.
- Promote the event through its social accounts, email and other methods.
What are Authors Expected to Do?
- Provide your information including a picture so that promotional materials can be created
- Share the event page to promote your participation to your followers, subscribers, and others that you would normally share your writing-related activities with.
- Arrive on time for your selected spot to share and interact with attendees. Note that many attendees may interact with your posts after your designated time
- Check-in periodically after your appearance to engage with people who have responded to your posts after your appearance.
- If you offer a giveaway, select and announce your winner on the event page by noon the following day.
- You are also encouraged to interact with and support the other participants.
If you’re interested in joining in, visit the signup page and enter the necessary information in the timeslot you’d like to takeover.